Celebrate the culture and history of Ethiopia with Ethiopian musicians, dancers, storytellers and craft-makers in this contemporary, immersive experience.
Come for a day of Ethiopian music, dance, storytelling, hands-on crafts, gallery tours and talks, and enjoy Ethiopian inspired food in our main café.
• The award-winning Dan-Kira will perform their amazing hair waving, shoulder shaking and body popping dances, and lead storytelling and dance workshops
• Amharic singer and Krar musician Haymanot Tesfa will share the beauty of her voice through traditional folk music
• Make your own keepsakes & amulets inspired by Ethiopian Jewellery
• Write your name in Amharic then decorate and wear it as a badge
• Create a greeting card by colouring and decorating an illuminated Ethiopic manuscript
• Discover the work of Ethiopian contemporary artists with a talk led by Rakeb Sile founder of the celebrated Addis Fine Arts Gallery
• Visit the Maqdala 1868 display with a museum curator
• Go on a search for Ethiopia across the museum with one of our gallery educators
• Enjoy Ethiopian inspired dishes served in the Main Cafe
29 September 2018 at 1:00pm -
29 September 2018 at 5:30pm
Sackler Centre Reception, V&A Cromwell Road London SW7 2RL
Share this page