Addis Video Art Festival is now accepting applications.
In response to this historic moment, the festival seeks videos shorts that examine ideas and interpretations of 'Mutual Periphery'. The border between Ethiopia and Eritrea has reopened after 20 years of shutdown following a war with more than 80000 fatalities. These sister countries were once a unified nation, sharing history, culture and language, the only two countries in the world to follow the thirteen month Julian calendar.
*Regulation and Guidelines
- Open to national and international artists
- Submission deadline April 01 2019
- Free submission
- Theme: 'Mutual Periphery'
- Single channel videos only
- Works must be made within the past 3 years
- If the work uses a language other than English, it must be subtitled in English
- Maximum duration 15 minutes
- Two works may be submitted per artist/ requiring a separate entry form per submission
- The selected artists will be notified by June 1st at which point a screening copy will be requested
For more information, please visit the website