Rift Valley is one of our flagship brands of Castel Winery which have local and international demand with 224,550 (two hundred twenty-four thousand five hundred fifty) bottles sold locally and abroad in 2017. We have no doubt that Rift Valley can have a new look that reflects both its global reach and aspirations as well as its Ethiopian origins, especially, its roots in the Ethiopian Rift Valley. We, therefore, want to replace the current label [Attached herewith Bottom of this Call for Designs]with a new one that captures the theme and feel of the Rift Valley where both the winery and the vineyard are located.
We want the new label to take account of the following:
• That the winery, as well as the
• That Castel Winery aims to win [already has a silver medallion which won on a competition held in France] a place for itself [and brands] in the global market in terms of the distinctive taste of its wines as the winning look of their labels.
• Therefore, the design should express or hint at the beauty of the country from the perspective of the Rift Valley; the message could be conveyed in a stroke or
• We want the label to be simple, clear and eye-catching — rather than complex and abstract;
Competitors are advised to focus on:
1) the Ethiopian roots of the wine,
2) its location in the Rift Valley and
3) its consumers in the international market — who identify the Great Rift Valley and Ethiopia, with which we want to associate the wine and redefine the label. Ideally, the label design captures and reflects the 3 (three) above stated focal points.
Who May Participate
Castel Winery is looking for anyone who can come up with the best label design to replace the current label of one of its brands, Rift Valley. It aims to benefit as much from the experiences of the veterans in the field as from the fresh eyes of the novice.
Accordingly, the following are eligible to compete:
• Experienced individual graphics designers as well as companies
• University/College students studying graphics design or graduates with zero experience are invited to compete — and they are expected to come up with fresh concepts and renderings
Students and fresh graduates may compete as individuals or as a group. And, for this competition, a group shall be represented by a designated group leader with whom alone Castel Winery shall deal in the course of the competition.
Closing date March 1st 2019. Click here for further details and to submit your designs