1. Submission eligibility, guidelines and deadline
Submissions from African filmmakers living on the continent on any topic, and from Diaspora and non-African filmmakers whose films relate to Africa are accepted.
The deadline for all submissions is Tuesday 15 July 2014.
Film Africa does not charge a fee for submissions, but filmmakers are asked to submit their film according to the following guidelines:
- Film must be sent as a secure video link or as a DVD copy, providing an English subtitled version where appropriate.
- Film details (including title, director, year and country of production, screening format and running time) must be clearly labelled on the cover of the DVD or included in the email.
- Submissions must also include a synopsis, an EPK and any other additional promotional material for the film and director.
- For a film to be considered, it must be submitted before the deadline of 15 July 2014.
Submissions can be done via email to email@example.com or by post to the following address:
Film Africa 2014
Royal African Society
36, Gordon Square
London WC1H 0PD
Submitted copies will not be returned. Film Africa respects filmmakers' copyright and will take all precautions to ensure that your film remains safe from piracy.
For details on Film Selection click here
Selection procedures will be made by 1 September 2014 and all successful submissions will receive notification after that date.
The 4th Film Africa festival will take place between Friday 31st October and Sunday 9th November 2014 across different London venues.